Black History Month
Date: All Month
is a month set aside to learn, honour, and celebrate the achievements of Black men and women throughout history, it has been marked in the UK for more than 30 years. It is held to highlight and celebrate the achievements and contributions of the Black Community in the UK.
It happens because so often in the past, the contributions made by black people to the community were ignored or played down because black people weren’t treated the same way as other people because of the colour of their skin. It aims to address this unfairness, by celebrating the achievements and contributions of the black community over the years.
Down Syndrome Awareness Month
Date: All Month
The month of October is Down Syndrome Awareness Month where we celebrate Down Syndrome and let everyone know our abilities and that we are capable of doing anything we set our minds to.
Dyslexia Awareness Week
Date: 3rd-9th October
Dyslexia awareness week is an annual event to raise awareness of dyslexia, including issues such as early identification and reasonable adjustments.
International Day of Older Persons
Date: 1st October
Raises awareness about issues affecting the elderly and appreciates the contributions that older people make to society.
World Mental Health Awareness Day
Date: 10th October
Celebration of mental health education, awareness and advocacy.
Baby Loss Awareness Week
Date: 9th-15th October
Baby Loss Awareness Week is a wonderful opportunity to bring us together as a community and give anyone touched by pregnancy and baby loss a safe and supportive space to share their experiences and feel that they are not alone.
“A man who stands for nothing will fall for anything”Malcolm X
- International Day of Older Persons
- International Day of Non Violence
- Feast of St. Francis of Assisi – (Christian)
- Dussehra – (Hindu holiday)
- World Dyslexia Awareness Week
- Yom Kippur – (Jewish Holy Day)
- Mawlid un Nabi – (Islamic observance)
- Birthday of Guru Ram Das – (Sikh)
- Baby Loss Awareness Week
- Sukkot – (Jewish holiday)
- World Mental Health Day
- National Coming Out Day
- World Sight Day
- International Day for the Eradication of Poverty
- Shemini Atzeret & Simchat Torah – (Jewish holiday)
- Anti-Slavery Day
- World Menopause Day
- International Pronouns Day
- International Stammering Awareness Day
- Diwali – (Hindu)
- Bandhi Chhor Divas – (Sikh)
- Intersex Awareness Day
- World Stroke Day
- Daylight Saving Time Ends (clock change)