Deaf Awareness Week
Date: 4th-9th May
Promotes the positive aspects of deafness’, social inclusion and general awareness raising. For more information please see the links below.
National day for Staff Networks
Date: 11th May
Recognising the added value of staff network groups. The day aims to raise awareness of the support and influence staff networks provide to employees.
International Day of Families
Date: 15th May
Provides an opportunity to promote awareness of issues relating to families and increase knowledge of the social, economic and demographic processes affecting them.
International Day Against Homophobia, Biphobia & Transphobia
Date: 17th May
Provides a platform for everyone to make a powerful statement to demand improvements for the quality of life for LGBT people.
The Foster Care Fortnight Campaign
Date: 10th-23rd May
Showcases the commitment, passion, and dedication of foster carers. It also supports fostering services to highlight the need for more foster carers.
Mental Health Awareness week
Date: 9th-15th May
Mental Health Awareness Week is open to everyone. It is all about starting conversations about mental health and the things in our lives that can affect it.
“Just because you are struggling doesn’t mean your falling” – Nelson Mandela
- May Day (Bank Holiday)
- Ramadan Ends (dependant on sighting of new moon) – (Islam)
- Eid ul Fitr* – (Islamic holiday)
- Deaf Awareness Week
- Yom Ha-Atzmaut – (Jewish Holiday)
- Mental Health Awareness Week
- Foster Care Fortnight
- National Day for Staff Networks
- International Day for Staff Networks
- National Children’s Day
- Buddha Day (Wesak) – (Buddhist)
- International Day Against Homophobia, Biphobia & Transphobia
- Lag B’Omer – (Jewish Celebration)
- Ascension Day – (Christian)
- The Visitation of Mary to Elizabeth – (Christian)