South Asian Heritage Month
Date: 18th July to 17th August
Celebrating South Asian Heritage Month. A month of activity to explore the shared cultures and histories of the UK and South Asia. South Asian Heritage Month (SAHM) exists in order to commemorate, mark and celebrate South Asian history and culture, as well as to better understand the diverse heritage that continues to link the UK and South Asia.
The Big Listen – Samaritans Awareness Day
Date: 24th July
Samaritans are challenging the UK to become better listeners by sharing expert tips on how to be a better listener. Throughout July, Samaritans branches are also holding events throughout the UK and Ireland to raise awareness of the services they offer in their local communities. Visit your local branch website to see what they’re doing during Talk To Us.
World Hepatitis Day
Date: 28th July
Observed on July 28th every year, aims to raise global awareness of hepatitis – a group of infectious diseases known as Hepatitis A, B, C, D and E – and encourage prevention, diagnosis and treatment. Hepatitis affects hundreds of millions of people worldwide, causing acute and chronic disease and killing close to 1.34 million people every year.
Date: 8th-19th July
The National Transgender charity organises the Sparkle weekend in July each year. They also hold several events throughout the year to actively promote fundraising and Trans awareness. Sparkle also supports Trans Rights and the positive representation of Trans people in the UK and worldwide.
“Be with those who help your being”Rumi
- Sparkle Weekend
- Feast of Saint Benedict – (Christian)
- Eid ul Adha* – (Islamic holiday)
- 9 Days – (Jewish Observance)
- Asalha Puja (Dharma Day) – (Buddhist)
- World day for international Justice
- International Disability Awareness Day
17th July – 7th August
- Fast of the 17th of Tammuz (beginning the three weeks of mourning) – (Jewish Observance)
18th July – 17th August
- South Asian Heritage Month
- The Big Listen – (Samaritans Awareness Day)
- World Hepatitis Day
- Al- Hijra* (Islamic New Year Begins) – (Islam)